AdvanFort Vice President chairs Anti-piracy Conference
Conference Highlighted Best Management Practices against Piracy and Sustainable Strategy to Address Maritime Security
LONDON, November 12, 2010 – AdvanFort Vice President LCDR Mark Hornung (Ret.) chaired the recently concluded 2nd Maritime Security and Anti-Piracy Conference held in London, UK on November 10-12 and delivered the keynote address.
LCDR Hornung (Ret.), who was former NATO Shipping Center Director for eight years, delivered the keynote address which highlighted timely issues on the growing piracy in the Gulf of Aden and adopting best management practices to prevent attacks on maritime ships, crew and assets.
Distinguished speakers and delegates to the conference included senior officials and experts on maritime security from the United States, European Union, North Atlantic Treaty Organization, and the Horn of Africa regional states, decision-makers from the shipping industry.
The 2nd Maritime Security and Anti-Piracy Conference was organized by New-Fields Exhibitions and was aimed at helping all stakeholders in adopting a practical, comprehensive and sustainable strategy to address maritime security and best practices to counter piracy.
Based in Washington,DC, AdvanFort is a multi-mission maritime security provider, in pursuit of protecting the vulnerable maritime assets in pirate infested waters. AdvanFort is adept in providing solutions to meet a wide range of maritime threats and challenges. We maintain a fleet of helicopters, long endurance speed boats and ships.
For more information and other inquiries about AdvanFort, please visit www.AdvanFort.com
AdvanFort Corporate Headquarters
1900 Campus Commons Dr.
First Floor, Reston, VA 20191
Phone +1 (703) 657-0100
- 12/ 27/ 2012 - Always at the ready: "AdvanFort witnesses latest Gulf of Oman pirate threats; moves quickly to protect clients-PDF"
- 12/ 26/ 2012 - Sponsored by AdvanFort: National Press Club inauguration of Piracy Daily: Maritime Security: "Today's Victories and Tomorrow's Challenges-PDF"
- 10/ 19/ 2012 - Interview with Former Pirate Alley Commander Terry McKnight
- 10/ 19/ 2012 - Former Pirate Alley Commander Terry McKnight
- 09/ 12/ 2012 - AdvanFort Implements Quality Assurance Program
- 09/ 12/ 2012 - AdvanFort President to Lead Next Generation of Maritime Security
- 04/ 05/ 2011 - AdvanFort Achieves Milestone for Monthly Onboard Escort Missions
- 02/ 25/ 2011 - AdvanFort Counter-Piracy with New Endurance Vessels
- 11/ 12/ 2010 - AdvanFort Vice President chairs Anti-piracy Conference. Highlighted Best Management Practices against Piracy and sustainable strategy to address maritime security